Posted by Visit Lynton & Lynmouth on Monday, 5 August 2019
Rain is no reason to stop you shopping in North Devon
Here are a few places to shop within, or a short drive of, Lynton & Lynmouth
- Lynton & Lynmouth Shops - there are dozens of shops in both towns, selling lots of interesting things; local produce, clothing, interior gifts and objects, candles, fine art, toys and games.
- High Street Shops – explore Barnstaple’s shops, cafes and Green Lanes shopping centre.
- Barnstaple Pannier Market – located in the heart of Barnstaple along Butchers Row, there is an under-cover market on almost every day. Browse through a wide range of stalls, with everything from fresh produce, flowers and crafts, to prints, fashion and much more.
- Affinity Village Shopping Outlet – a large under-cover shopping centre with a variety of well-known High Street retailers and several cafes, and children’s play areas.
- Darlington Crystal – visit the UK’s last remaining glass factory in Great Torrington. Witness a truly wonderful and unique experience watching their highly skilled glassmakers in action. Book a factory tour, buy beautiful glass products and enjoy delicious snacks in The Pavilion Café.
If you love buying things for the garden, you could while away a good few hours in these excellent garden centres.
St Johns Garden Centres – two large, well-stocked centres in St Johns Lane, the other Ashford Lane in Barnstaple. Both places have great restaurants, indoor plants, garden equipment and everything else you could wish for. Jungleland, at St Johns Lane, is a kid’s paradise bursting with exotic plants and wildlife to captivate the imagination
Merry Harriers Garden Centre – if you’re near Clovelly, RHS Rosemoor or Dartington Crystal then this is wonderful family-owned garden centre to visit. Expect to find all the garden staples, furniture and a few nice surprises for the home. The Mad Hatters restaurant is a lovely place to sit and enjoy some great food.
West Somerset Garden Centre – a delightfully compact and family-owned garden centre in Minehead. Browse through a finely-curated selection of well-cared-for plants and garden accessories. Enjoy some great home-cooked meals in their wonderful on-site restaurant.
March Special Offers
Friday, 28 February 2020
Lee House B&B Experience excellent bed and breakfast accommodation in the heart of Lynton, with 7 beautifully decorated en-suite rooms, and high quality, deliciously cooked breakfasts.Read more
Articles by month
April 2020 (2)
Walking Capital of Exmoor
March 2020 (7)
Louisa: The Overland Launch
What Makes a Great Sunday Lunch?
The Oak Room - a Tapas delight
February 2020 (10)
March Special Offers
The 1952 Lynmouth Flood Disaster
Meet the Owners: Longmead House
Things to do in the rain
Bring the Bees back
Meet the Owners: Lee House
5 Beautiful Things to Do in Exmoor
Romance in Lynton & Lynmouth
January 2020 (3)
Spring Wildlife in Lynton & Lynmouth
10 Best Things to do in Lynmouth
10 Best Things to do in Lynton
December 2019 (2)
November 2019 (3)
Meet the Owners: Highcliffe House
October 2019 (3)
September 2019 (1)
Rocks & Rivers Walking Itinerary
August 2019 (3)
The Lynmouth Flood
Family Fun in Lynton & Lynmouth
July 2019 (1)
Lynmouth: Rivers of Watersmeet
June 2019 (1)
The Rise & Fall of George Newnes