Dovery Manor Museum
Located in the heart of Porlock, the Dovery Manor Museum's aim is to provide an insight into the history of the delightful Exmoor village of Porlock and nearby communities.
Dovery Manor dates from 1450 and was built on the site of a much earlier building built on land assigned to Isabella, the widow of Sir Simon Roges. In the time of Henry VIII it is believed to have been occupied by Walter Popham and may have continued to serve as the dower house to Court Place, which was the only other grand building in the village at that time.
The museum is run by a group of enthusiastic volunteers and in addition to the regular exhibitions it holds fund-raising, and other events throughout the year.